A RENAISSANCE DIAMOND RING
An impressive 16th century ring, set with a square point cut diamond in a closed back rubover setting with an approximate weight of 0.90 carats, to a raised pyramid shaped central collet with fine scalloped double arches and pelleted border to base, incised saltire to the underside and flanked by ornate carved shoulders with elevated scrolling openwork flourishes, all with traces of white, blue and red enamel intact, and leading through to a solid D-shape shank. Tested yellow gold, approximately 7.2g in weight, circa 16th century, accompanied by an Oxford Labs X-ray fluorescence report stating the composition of the metal.
See British Museum acquisition number 1872,0604.425 for a ring of comparable age and style.
88-90 Hatton Gardens