An unusual 18th century Georgian mahogany campaign bureau.
The bureau sits on a mahogany folding stand, has six drawers with oak linings and solid mahogany drawers fronts that have their original brass handles with open back plates.
The bureau has a pair of hinged doors with a brass bead where the doors meet and it’s original brass lock with working key.
The interior writing surface folds open, slides forward, has a shaped baize covered writing surface and to the back are nine pigeon holes over three mahogany lined drawers.
The folding mahogany stand has four square legs with brass casters and is made from 18th century timber but is not original.
The bureau top has a pair of large brass carrying handles to each side and is held securely on the stand by four dowels on the stand and two moulded blocks beneath the bureau top.
The bureau is in good condition with some old repairs to the edges of the hinged doors and is made from excellent quality mahogany.
The stand is a replacement and has been made from 18th century timber and has casters of the same period. (Circa 1760)
Height 107cm (42.1 inches)
Width 101cm (39.8 inches)
Depth 62.5cm (24.6 inches)