A Massive Famille Rose Charger by Samson, Edmé et Cie.
A Massive Samson Famille Rose Charger, brightly enamelled to the interior with a medallion enclosing three figures standing in a peony filled fenced garden with a pair of phoenix in flight overhead, encircled in the well by four cusped medallions enclosing antiques reserved on a pink trellis ground, the broad flaring rim with four large floral sprays of peony, lotus and prunus, the exterior with four simple iron red floral sprays.
French, Circa 1890.
Samson et Cie.
The French porcelain manufactory of Samson et Cie. was established by Edmé Samson (1810 – 1891) at 7 rue Vendôme (later rue Béranger) in Paris.
The firm specialised in re-creating important and rare porcelain from museums and private collections. In 1864, the factory was moved to Montreuil by Samson’s son, Emile Samson (1837-1913).