A Very Fine Pair of Side Tables in the Louis XV Manner
attributed to Town and Emanuel
Constructed in kingwood and tulipwood, adorned with ‘Sèvres’ porcelain plaques decorated with pastoral scenes on a ‘fond vert’ palette, and dressed with fire gilded bronze mounts throughout. Each of rectangular form, the tables rising from sabot-shod cabriole legs terminating in winged female espagnolettes; the slight breakfont frieze bearing porcelain panels, while the tops quarter-veneered and crossbanded within a gilt metal border.
English, circa 1835