The two-plank top, above a projecting frieze, with guilloche and flower-head carving, with turned boxwood pendants at the corners. The recessed upper section, with holly and boxwood chevron inlay, has a sophisticated carved geometric design to the doors and panels. The lower section, with a pair of doors, divided into three panels, the upper panels with a band of carving of stylised leaves, set within arches, and contained within a run-moulded frame.
A fine piece of early 17th century furniture, displaying all the skills of the joiner and carver.
English, Yorkshire, circa 1620.