This is a superb set of four silver plated and engraved napkin rings in their original leather and purple silk lined casket, by the renowned Victorian silversmith and retailer Elkington & Co, late 19th Century in date.
The quality and craftsmanship throughout the piece are second to none.
In excellent condition with no dings, dents or signs of repair. Please see photos for confirmation.
Dimensions in cm:
Height 7 x Width 12 x Depth 13 – box
Dimensions in inches:
Height 3 inches x Width 5 inches x Depth 5 inches – box
Elkington & Co
was a silver manufacturer from Birmingham, England.
The firm was founded by George Richards Elkington and his brother, Henry Elkington, in the 1830s. It operated under the name G. R. Elkington & Co. until 1842, when a third partner, Josiah Mason, joined the firm. It operated as Elkington, Mason, & Co. until 1861, when the partnership with Mason was terminated. The firm operated independently as Elkington & Co. from 1861 until 1963. It was then taken over by British Silverware, Ltd. In 1971 British Silverware, Ltd. became a subsidiary of Delta Metal Co. Ltd.
Over the course of history it became very successful and was one of the prime producers of silver plating. Elkington received various royal warrants of appointments. One of their most famous pieces is the electrotype copy of the Jerningham Wine Cooler, at the Victoria & Albert Museum.
Our reference: X0023