This is an impressive antique Edwardian sterling silver Corinthian column table lamp bearing hallmarks for Sheffield 1914 and the makers mark of the renowned silversmith Walker & Hall.
It features a classic Corinthian Capital decorated with acanthus leaves, the shaft has invert and ex-vert fluting, on a stepped base decorated with beading, the base engraved with a presentation inscription dated 1915.
Add an element of pure luxury to your home with this antique solid sterling silver table lamp.
In excellent working condition having been beautifully cleaned and the wiring checked, please see photos for confirmation.
Dimensions in cm:
Height 45 x Width 15 x Depth 15
Dimensions in inches:
Height 17.7 x Width 5.9 x Depth 5.9
Walker & Hall
the business was established in Sheffield in 1845 by George Walker who become an assistant of Dr John Wright. Dr John Wright had conducted important experiments on electroplating, Walker secured the royalty of electroplating for Sheffield.
The business was joined by Henry Hall and became in 1853 Walker & Hall. The factory was at Howard Street, Sheffield, while showrooms were opened in 45 Holborn Viaduct, London. Branches were opened in Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Cardiff, Belfast, Hull, Bristol, Melbourne and Adelaide (Australia), Cape Town (South Africa).
Walker & Hall was converted into a limited liability company in 1920 under the style Walker & Hall Ltd and combined in 1963 under the British Silverware Ltd with Mappin & Webb and Elkington & Co. Walker and Hall Sheffield were primarily Sheffield Makers, but items with Birmingham, London and Chester Assay Marks can also be found.
Our reference: 09364