A 19th century silver and horn tumbler with silver mounted rim. The applied silver shield contains a hand engraved monogram in old fashioned cursive script. Pale gold/green transparent colour.
Contains 160 ml.
Height 10 cm. Diameter 6.2 cm.
Maker Hirons & Plante.
HIRONS AND PLANTE
The Birmingham partnership Hirons, Plant & Bourne was founded c.1860 changing its name to Hirons, Plante & Co in 1878 when Rowland Bourne left the partnership. Joseph Hirons retired in 1882 and Henry Hodson Plante continued the business alone under the name H.H Plante & Co, subsequently entering many other partnerships, and was still trading in 1915.