A complete set of four stacking silver and horn tumblers in the original leather case. The horn has a pale gold/green transparent colour. Fully matching, each with a silver applied shield containing a hand engraved monogram in old fashioned cursive script. Each contains 60/95/130/160 ml – total capacity 445 ml. Birmingham 1887. Maker Hirons & Plante.
Biography – The Birmingham partnership Hirons, Plant & Bourne was founded c.1860 changing its name to Hirons, Plante & Co in 1878 when Rowland Bourne left the partnership. Joseph Hirons retired in 1882 and Henry Hodson Plante continued the business alone under the name H.H Plante & Co, subsequently entering many other partnerships, and was still trading in 1915.