A handsome antique silver plated mirror stand of long rectangular form with shaped curved ends. Large size. Very smart with a bead edge and a fruit and foliage design border. Complete with the original hardwood back. Length 85 cms. Width 36 cms. Height 5 cms. Circa 1890. With a silver plate mark underneath for Thomas Latham & Ernest Morton of Birmingham.
Thomas Latham & Ernest Morton, founded in Birmingham in 1866. Active at Pallas Works, 115/116 Vyse Street, Birmingham (1898-1901), The firm became a limited liability company in 1915 as Latham & Morton Ltd.