A stylish crystal glass drinks decanter, of rectangular form, with a sterling silver collar. Half bottle size. Excellent plain style with simple faceting. Contains 400 ml. Height 20 cms (including stopper). Bottle height 11 cms, top measures 9.25 x 5.75 cms. London 1943. Maker Hukin & Heath.
Biography – Hukin and Heath, active as manufacturing silversmiths and electroplaters, was established in Birmingham in 1855. In 1875 the firm entered its mark in Birmingham Assay Office, while in 1879 the founders Jonathan Wilson Hukin and John Thomas Heath entered their mark in London Assay Office. The firm was active at Imperial Works, Great Charles Street, Birmingham and in the showrooms at 19 Charterhouse Street, London. J.T. Hukin retired in 1881 and in 1886 J.T. Heath continued the partnership with John Hartsghorne Middleton. In 1904 the business was converted into a limited liability company under the style Hukin & Heath Ltd. The firm went out of business in 1953. Hukin abd Heath is well known for its production in the 1870s and 1880s of silver and electroplated wares under the guidance of Dr. Christopher Dresser.