A fine English cut glass chandelier of very fine quality by Perry & Co of New Bond Street. Tiered with twelve faceted scrolled branches issuing stellar cut pans and nozzles from lobed wells and baluster vase shaped column, hung with faceted pendants and graduated beads. Many of the scrolls, drops and pans on this chandelier are patented to Perry & Co.
Perry & Co supplied all the chandeliers to the Prince Regent and nobility accros the world including the Emperor of China. The Victoria and Albert Museum holds a book of sketches of ‘classic’ Perry chandeliers from the 1860’s and 1870’s, which are frequently annotated with the names of those who had ordered them, and the dates of the orders.