Circa 1780 George III mahogany and brass bound wine cooler made in Edinburgh. With 6 sides, it has a hexagonal top with a simple moulded edge and a deep brass banded apron beneath the top. The lid is hinged inside which shows original zinc lining with divisions removed. The main body of the wine cooler has 2 similar further bandings and on opposite sides are 2 cast brass lifting handles in the form of oval rings, and attached into the brass banding. Standing on 3 quarter bracket legs with open fretwork and a small C scroll at the end, these features are typical of Edinburgh wine coolers of this period. The legs are square, tapering with a reeding on each edge and a carved oval raised section in the middle.
Size 66 cm high x 51 cm wide x 45 cm deep