Circa 1820. An exhibition quality George IV rosewood library chair. The shaped back with paper fold edges, upholstered back arms and seat. The mahogany frame slopes down from the top to a padded arm rest which finishes with a wonderful carved scrolling facing with further craving beneath. The large, upholstered seat is removable, rosewood curved seat rail to the front with carved flower heads at each end. Back legs are square slightly out swept, elegant front legs are turned, carved, taper and finish on a brass cup with brass casters beneath.