An early 19th century George IV shaped rosewood pin cushion box.
The Box has a single drawer and an upholstered top for use as a pin cushion.
The main body of the box is made from a shaped solid block of rosewood with a turned knob at each end and a drawer is fitted to one side which pulls out and has a sliding brass inlaid lid.
The brass plaque in the centre of the lid reads ‘J A Grant’ and the interior of the box is decorated with brass inlay.
The box sits on a rosewood veneered mahogany plinth with four bun feet.
The box is in good condition with old replaced cushion coverings.
The rosewood is a beautiful mellow colour on the outside and it’s original dark colour on the interior brass inlaid box. (Circa 1835)
Height 14cm (5.5 inches)
Width 21cm (8.3 inches)
Depth 10.5cm (4.1 inches)