Circa 1815, Irish Regency carved and gilded convex mirror. With many features of a classical mirror of the period, it is surmounted by an eagle sitting on a plateau made of carved and gilded acanthus leaves. It retains the original glass which is surrounded by an ebonised, ribbed slip with further foliate carving and a moulded outer section. The original candle sconces are attached either side by a cluster of leaves capped with a pineapple, and unusually the drip trays beneath the candleholders are a flowerhead in gilded metal. The original makers label is to the back, ‘Kearney’s Looking Glass Warehouse – Dublin’ recorded in British and Irish Furniture Makers Online.