A very fine working model of a steam launch built by Robertson & Sons shipyard. Sandbank, Argyll. Circa 1910.
Interior painted with marker’s name: BUILT ROBERTSON AND Co’s SHIPYARDS
Powered by a steam engine, pressure gauge marked: lbs per Sq in – BONDS
With plain blue ensign.
Alexander Robertson & Sons was a boatyard in Sandbank, Argyll from 1876 to 1980. The yard was located on the shore of the Holy Loch, near the Royal Clyde Yacht Club (RCYC) at Hunter’s Quay,