Circa 1830, late George IV mahogany dining table, with 5 additional leaves. With solid, figured mahogany top and leaves, secured by cast brass clips, over a simple frieze. Unusually, the 2 D-ends pull out when placing the additional leaves, and the rails beneath stamped with makers name of M. Willson, 68 Great Queen Street. Standing on 6 classic Georgian turned, fluted and tapering legs, finishing on a large brass cup and castors.
Size 72 cm high x 156 cm wide (minimum) x 392 cm wide (maximum – all leaves) x 168 cm deep.
M. Willson could refer to either Mary Wilson & Son or her son (who took over the business in 1838), Matthew Wilson/Willson. Mary Willson was married to Thomas Willson who operated as a furniture broker (and cabinet maker) in the late 18th- and early 19th-century. They operated from 68 Great Queen Street, London.