An exceptional Luristan bronze sword featuring a bifacial triangular blade covered in a beautiful olive-green patina. The blade displays a pronounced midrib with parallel blood channels either side. This feature makes the blade lighter and enhances its stability, gifting the weapon with good balance and manageability. The cylindrical hilt is connected to the blade by a penannular guard, two protruding knobs sit on either side of the handle, which is further enriched by two lateral ridges, allowing for a secure hold to the weapon. A flat disc guard tapers into a short pierced tang, indicating the presence of a decorative finial, which is now lost.
Date: Circa 1800-600 BC