Circa 1815, rare pair of converted bidets formerly from Alnwick Castle, Northumberland. The pair of bidets have recently been re-upholstered in hand-dyed deep button green leather and have concaved sides and a deep apron. They stand on ring turned, fluted and tapering legs with further ring turnings and finishing on a raised toe. This leg is typically found in furniture by Gillows of Lancaster.
Size 50 cm high x 39 cm wide x 60 cm deep