A standard inch made by W & T Avery Ltd of Birmingham.
Made by Avery for Lancashire County Council, Blackburn Division.
Dated 1924, with GR royal cipher, and indenture number.
In original mahogany case: 5 x 4 cm.
W & T Avery Ltd. is a British manufacturer of weighing machines. The company was founded in the early 18th century and took the name W & T Avery in 1818. Having been taken over by GEC in 1979 the company was later renamed into GEC-Avery. The company became Avery Berkel in 1993 when GEC acquired the Dutch company Berkel. After the take over by Weigh-Tronix in 2000 the company was again renamed to be called Avery Weigh-Tronix. The company is based in Smethwick, West Midlands, United Kingdom.