Circa 1830, Irish William IV mahogany hall or serving table in the manner of William and Gibton of Dublin. The inverted top is in figured Spanish mahogany with a carved cabochon border and acanthus leaf clasped corners and it has a cross-banded and beaded frieze with two hidden drawers. It is all supported on four carved, winged griffins perched on baskets of fruit. There are moulded pillars supports to the rear; all on an inverted breakfront plinth base with moulded fore edge.
The firm of Williams and Gibton (1830-44) came from the firm of Mack, Williams and Gibton, and were appointed ‘Upholsterers and Cabinet-makers to His Majesty, His Excellency the Lord Lieutenant and His Majesty’s Board of Works’. Williams and Gibton supplied furniture to the most important buildings of Regency Ireland.
Size 95 cm high x 250 cm wide x 66 cm deep.