An original First World War 4-blade truncated propeller constructed out of strips of walnut & mahogany, and finished to a high polish. It would have been fitted to a Royal Airforce Factory RE8 reconnaissance light bomber biplane commissioned in 1917, powered by a RAF 4A 12-cylinder 140HP air cooled engine.
It is now fitted with an English-made 6-inch diameter bulkhead clock, which was also military (Royal Navy), as denoted by the broad ordnance arrow and the pattern number 0552/461-9296, both painted on the black dial. The clock was allegedly originally from a submarine.
It has a key-wound 8-day movement, with red centre seconds hand and a Slow / Fast regulation slot below the 12.