Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone. All LAPADA Members adhere to these regulations, which are as follows:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return products does not apply to goods made or altered to your specification or that have been personalised.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform the seller of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email or in writing. You may choose to use the Model Cancellation Form which can be requested from the seller.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to the seller at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and the seller will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
- The seller may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. The seller will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day the goods are received back.