Please note that we cannot reply to unsolicited CVs. If you are interested in applying for an available position below, please ensure to follow the instructions for application. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the UK.
Membership & Events Officer – closing date 15 August 2017
The role is based in the London office and supports all of the Association’s activities through positive member relations and proactive marketing efforts. The Membership & Events Officer reports directly to the Chief Executive.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Speak to prospective members about the benefits of applying for LAPADA membership
- Guide applicants through the application process, checking their references and producing quarterly membership reports for our Board of Directors.
- Confirm successful applicants
- Compile and post membership packs
- Create profiles for new members on the internal membership database and on the Lapada.org website
- Answer queries from members related to membership or benefits
Certificates of Age
- Working in tandem with the Administrator to coordinate the issuance of Certificates of Age
- Manage social media content schedules and initiatives throughout the year and for the LAPADA Fair
- Maintain LAPADA email database via MailChimp.
- Create weekly highlights emails, distributed to our email database.
- Draft monthly members’ newsletters
- Design visual content where necessary to promote events and to feed newsletters and social media
The LAPADA Fair
- Produce security passes for everyone onsite, manage security entrance and team of temps and interns
- Manage online ticket sales.
- Market partner events and manage them onsite
- Onsite presence for the duration of the Fair from build-up to break-down (overtime paid)
- Organise logistics and marketing for the LAPADA Conference, LAPADA Seminars and Talks and any other Association events.
- Set up and man the LAPADA stand at the Olympia Fairs in June and November, and collateral events (overtime paid)
- Primary liaison in screening telephone calls and responding accordingly
- Network appropriately within the organisation
SKILLS AND PERSONALITY PROFILE:
- Office experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Photoshop knowledge an advantage
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Experience managing social media campaigns (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) preferred
- Sales experience would be a plus
Salary range: £20-22,000 D.O.E.
Please send CV and covering letter to the attention of Rebecca Davies, Chief Executive at [email protected].
Fair Assistant (temporary)
For the LAPADA Art & Antiques Fair in Berkeley Square we have a number of positions available for the duration of the event. These are paid positions, at the National Minimum Wage. Please send a CV and covering letter to the attention of Emma McVittie at [email protected] or via post at 535 Kings Road, London SW10 0SZ. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we may not be able to respond to unsuccessful applicants.