Well-chosen handcut olive oyster veneers, combined with the finesse of a highly skilled craftsman, from the reign of William & Mary (1689-1702).
The rectangular top with moulded edge inlaid with holly stringing depicting scrolls, heart shapes and flower head motifs, above two short asymmetric drawers and two long graduating drawers, the drawers are full of oysters each with a roundel of box surrounding the drop handles and centred with cast and pierced gilt cherub mask escutcheons, elevated on a freeze drawer, later twist legs, shaped stretcher and bun feet.
• Highly intricate inlaid top inlaid with holly stringing.
• A sunburst of oyster to the sides banded with a holly stringing.
• Holly roundels to the drawers surrounding drop handles.
• Cross grain mouldings throughout.
• Two short asymmetric drawers and two long graduating drawers above the original Stand drawer. • Period locks.
• Possibly later olive ash legs and olive cross grain veneered Stand on bun feet.
• Fabulous color and richly patinated throughout.