BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a founding member of The British Art Market Federation (BAMF) and a member of the international Federation of Dealers’ Associations (CINOA), we have a well-informed, strategic overview of UK and international art market concerns and legislation. With this knowledge, we strive to continually promote and protect the trade. This is achieved primarily through lobbying Westminster and Brussels according to the interests of the industry, though also through our events throughout the year, our website, and our consistent media presence.
LAPADA has recently partnered with a new PR agency—Cultural Communications— who put our members’ stories in the hands of journalists and publishers. LAPADA and its members have enjoyed coverage in The Times, Harper’s Bazaar, World of Interiors, The Financial Times, APOLLO and many others.
Through LAPADA’s various educational channels, we support our members in advancing their own public presence and keeping up to date with all areas affecting their businesses. Members are invited to attend seminars and the annual LAPADA Conference, which tackles the most pressing topics of the moment, whilst monthly members’ newsletters keep every member well informed.
A highlight of the LAPADA calendar is the LAPADA Art & Antiques Fair in Berkeley Square, one of the foremost international showcases for art and antiques, held each September in the heart of London’s Mayfair. Over 100 LAPADA members exhibit work from across the art, antiques, design and decorative arts spectrum at this high-profile event. See the Fair’s dedicated website for further details.
Our website offers a premier art and antiques sales platform. Buyers can browse stock from reputable LAPADA members, with the reassurance of integrity and guarantee of authenticity: it has been acclaimed by the Financial Times as “a trusted website that promises accuracy and authenticity alongside rich historical information.” With informative buying guides, event listings and incisive editorial, the website forms an invaluable resource for buyers and a showcase for the extensive expertise of our membership.
LAPADA Membership also comes with a number of immediately applicable industry discounts and benefits, the value of which amounts to much more than the annual Membership fee, and other resources including:
- Complimentary Legal, HR, VAT and Pension professional helplines
- Besso Insurance at a discounted LAPADA rate
- Discounted bankcard payment solutions
- Discounted Certificates of Age for exporting goods
- Online Knowledge Bank including information on a wide range of areas relevant to your business such as CITES, GDPR, Consumer Regulations, HR Obligations, Tax Conventions and Reforms and recently passed legislation
- Complimentary Conciliation Service
- Seminars organised with industry professionals
- Consistent promotion within the Membership of the Association and to a wider, engaged public audience
APPLYING FOR MEMBERSHIP
Dealer Membership Requirements:
- A minimum of three years’ trading experience in the principal discipline of your business
- VAT Registered
- Two referees – at least one being a LAPADA member
Approved Service Provider Membership Requirements:
- Significant experience in an industry servicing the art and antiques trade
- One referee – preferably a LAPADA member
Click the following membership type text for the Member Application or Approved Service Provider application forms. Once the application is received, it must be unanimously approved by the LAPADA Board of Directors before Membership is confirmed.
Please contact the Membership Officer on 0207 823 3511 or email [email protected] for more information about the Association and its services.