The Grade II* listed Wood Hall is situated just outside the village of Hilgay in Norfolk. Built by Henry Hawe in 1579 on land granted to him by Henry VIII following the Dissolution, it subsequently passed through the Hawe family, its ancestors and other owners in the 17th and 18th centuries before being bought in the 19th century by William Lowton Jones. It was Jones who in 1807 instructed the landscape designer, Humphry Repton, to improve the parkland and rebuild large parts of the house which had been previously damaged in a fire. The estate was bought by the Stocks family of Upper Shibden Hall, Yorkshire in 1879 and has remained in the same family until recently, the last incumbents being the Charlesworth family, who inherited the house and land in 1974 from Major Eric Stocks.
A chair that ticks every box; with dreamy comfort, handsome looks and rock solid provenance.