A half block model of the steam ship ‘Glamis Castle’, the ship shown with two truncated masts, a funnel and a boxwood hull with the original painted black top-sides, all set on a fiddle-back maple and walnut backboard. The reverse stamped ‘Glamis Castle’. Scottish, c1874.
Our research suggests this is a model of the steamer ‘Glamis Castle’ launched in 1874 by Aitken & Mansel, Glasgow and first owned by Thomas Skinner & Co. London & Glasgow. In 1888 her name was changed to ‘Circe’ and she sailed for another 3 years until being wrecked in the Gulf of St Lawrence, Canada.