A Remarkable Pair of Display Cabinets
By Henri Picard of Paris
Constructed in mahogany, with extensive and superlative ormolu decoartion. The cabinets of rectangular form, rising from turned and tapering toupie feet supporting an inverted breakfront lower tier, the shaped aprons housing three lockable drawers and incorporating gilt bronze mounts in the manner of Riesener. The square tapering legs decorated in conforming ormolu of the highest quality, and flanking a central cartouche depicting a lyre. The central vitrine lockable doors enclosing shelved mirrored interiors, their pediments decorated with scrolling bronze mounts below ormolu-balustrated galleries. The mounts bearing the maker’s mark of Henri Picard, “HPR.” Retailed by Wilkinson & Son of 8 Old Bond Street.
French, Circa 1870