Originally created for the Clubhouse of the Beauvallon Golf Club this patinated iron and mahogany veneered side table is a slightly later edition.
Completed in 1928, the Club-House of the Beauvallon Golf Hôtel represented the first major commission for Pierre Chareau in collaboration with the Dutch architect Bernard Bijvoet. The white-painted cement-rendered club-house was an asymmetric structure executed in the prevailing Modernist style, and comprised of a kitchen, a bar-dining area, and an open terrace. With the exception of fully-upholstered seating that was reserved for use in the interior, the majority of furnishings expressed Chareau’s creative interest in the use of steel and iron for furniture manufacture. These included a variety of occasional tables and iron-framed chairs with woven cane seats, designed for use on the open terrace. This commission was amongst the first to illustrate the intensive working relationship between Pierre Chareau and the metal-worker with whom he exclusively collaborated, Louis Dalbet.
In good original condition, some shrinkage to the circular top and slight gentle lifting of veneer.
Dimensions: H65cm x D55cm