An ancient Egyptian restrung necklace comprising of faience and stone beads. The beads feature an ovoid shape yet differ in size, with larger beads resting at the centre. The oval beads would have originally been glazed, and some remnants of their turquoise pigment is still visible. The larger beads alternate with small circular blue faience beads, each segmented in the centre. The necklace is finished with a silver-plated clasp (please be aware that the clasp has not been professionally tied).
Date: Circa 1550 – 1070 BC
Period: New Kingdom