‘Georges-François Alix’ (1846-1906) was established at 46, rue de Charonne and in 1878 moved to 6 bis, rue Richard Lenoir. He specialised in ‘meubles genre ancien, bronzes et marqueteries’ and exhibited at many of the important international exhibitions of the day including the Paris Expositions of 1884, 1885 and 1889.
There are a number of references to ‘Alix’ in the archives of the renowned furniture maker François Linke. The references date to after Alix’s death in 1906 and record Linke as purchasing a number of Alix’s wood models and marquetry. A selection of wood gabarits by Alix survive in the Linke archive.