Four Glass clock standing on a raised base with beaded decoration and fine Champleve French enamel decoration to the pillars and bezel with further decorated mercury compensated pendulum.
Eight day movement signed Japy Freres striking the hours and halves on a coiled gong. C.1890
The clockmaking dynasty of Japy Freres was started in 1806 by Fredric Japy and carried on by his sons Pierre and Louis, in their home town of Beacourt in France.
The company became known for producing reliable, quality clocks and watches and expanded rapidly becoming one of the most prolific makers. The business continued until the late 1930’s.