Brass dial with finely matted centre, ringed winding holes with finely engraved birds, subsidiary seconds dial and large calendar aperture with ringed centre.
Silvered chapter ring with Roman numerals signed ‘J.Green, Althorp’, finely cut and pierced original hands.
The case is made from the finest English oak with long shaped trunk door crossbanded in walnut and with starburst inlay.
The base also crossbanded in walnut with raised plinth.
Walnut hood door supported by reeded pillars with brass capitals supporting the very early example of a swan neck with gilded wooden patrae and central gilded fan carving.
The swan neck pediment surmounted by three original ball and spire brass finials.
Eight day movement with countwheel striking on a large bell.
The clock retains it’s original brass pulley wheels, lead weights and pendulum. C.1730
‘Watchmakers and clockmakers of the world’’ by Brian Loomes lists James Green as working in Althorp from 1712 to 1736.