A fine mahogany bracket clock dating from c.1790, with a silvered break arch dial, and striking and repeating the hours on a bell.
The bell top case has well-figured mahogany veneers, and stands on gilded bracket feet and is surmounted by a gilt urn finial. The sides have silk-backed brass fish scale frets to match those flanking the door arch.
The eight day twin fusee movement has an anchor escapement, striking on a bell. The backplate, visible through the glazed rear door, is well engraved all over with scrolls and a flower basket. The strike can be repeated with a trip repeat cord, which extends beyond the case.
The one-piece silvered dial has bold engraved chapter rings, a subsidiary date dial and strike/silent to the arch, and is signed in the center for the maker.
Original matching pierced blued steel hands.