cf. Jewelry & Metalwork in the Arts & Crafts Tradition,
Elyse Zorn Karlin, 1993, page 43
British jeweller John Houghton Maurice Bonnor (1875-1917) trained as an architectural draughtsman before being taught by Henry Wilson, with whom he forged a lifelong friendship, at the Central School of Arts and Crafts. From 1905, he was head of the metal workshop at the Artificers’ Guild before setting up his own metalwork, jewellery and stained glass, mosaic and sculpture studio with his wife, Nancy Agar, in 1908. For further information see “John Houghton Maurice Bonner: A little known designer of the Arts and Crafts Movement”, by Muriel Wilson, The Journal of the Decorative Arts Society 1850-the Present, No 28 (2004), pp. 108-125.