A large scale antique buff terracotta garden campana urn attributed to Blashfield (unsigned). This urn is believed to have originally been situated in the grounds of Nash House, Tenby. The house was designed by British Georgian era architect, John Nash (1752-1835). It is one of various garden urns we are selling believed to originate from Nash House, some of which are signed with the Blashfield maker’s mark.
Circa 1860, this large campana urn features characteristic weathering and a rich buff terracotta colour that stands out as the centrepiece of any garden. In classic campana form, it features gadrooned detail above a socle base with striking flared urn above, ornamented with a pair of scrolling handles.
Height: 82.5 cm
Diameter: 65 cm
Base ø: 27 cm
Blue plinth for display only.