Circa 1870, exhibition quality, brass-bound camphorwood trunk of generous proportions. The solid top with central brass plaque and brass quarter brackets, and flush brass lifting handles to the front. The lid with 4 large hinges, opening to an uninterrupted interior.
With stout cast brass lifting handles to sides, several brass bandings to all edges, all on metal castors (revolving 360 degrees). Likely originally owned by high-ranking officer due to its large size.