Medieval garnet cabochon ring. Set to centre with a single octagonal cabochon natural unenhanced garnet in a closed back rubover setting with an approximate weight of 8.00 carats, to an octagonal ‘pie-dish’ bezel design, leading to intricately carved shoulders and flowing through to a solid shank. Tested yellow gold, circa 1200-1400 century. Accompanied by documentation from the Portable Antiquities Scheme stating that this ring was found whilst metal detecting cultivated land in the Kingswood area of Hull. It is recorded with the Portable Antiquities Scheme under reference number YORYM-CD0BFB, also accompanied by Geologic Report #TL005213.
This ring is thought to have been owned by a member of the royal family or nobility due to its unsurpassed quality for the period and is in museum quality condition.