Pair of JM Blashfield Terracotta Garden Urns. Pair of 19th Century Blashfield patent pottery terracotta two handled Campana shaped urns. These urns are believed to have originally been from Nash House, Tenby, designed by John Nash.
John Nash was a significant English Regency architect. His most famous works include Regents Street, Regents Park and the Brighton Pavilion.
John Marriott Blashfield manufactured terracotta architectural and garden items between 1840 – 1875. His works are noted for their fine detailing and pale terracotta colour.
Both urns bare makers stamps.
A similar urn can be found on page 46 of J. M. Blashfield’s 1857 catalogue Selection of Vases, Statues, busts and urns in Terracottas. This is included in the listing.
28 cm x 28 cm