An elegant well presented five glass rosewood timepiece by Barwise, London dating from c. 1830.
The case has a glazed top panel and glazed rear door; these glasses and the sides have a thick bevelled edge. The front door and plinth have some fine lively burr veneers. Both front and rear doors retain their locks.
The excellent quality single train chain fusee movement is well engineered with finely cut wheels as would be expected from this esteemed maker. The movement is held in place with two angled brackets with stepped detailing. The pendulum has a large rounded bob, with uppermost stirrup regulation nut. The backplate is fitted with a locking bridge and knurled screw, to retain the pendulum for transportation.
The 4¼-inch silvered dial is signed Barwise, London in script. There is an interesting article about Barwise here.
Blued steel trefoil hands.