These beautiful fish servers were created in the early 20th Century by the prestigious Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd. Founded in 1880 in London by William Gibson and John Lawrence, the company soon established itself as one of the leading silversmiths in England. The firm became ‘Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd’ after it absorbed the Goldsmiths’ Alliance Ltd in the late 19th Century. In the mid-20th Century, the company was combined with Garrard & Co. These silver fish servers are fully hallmarked.
This pair includes a fish slice and fork, both designed in the Albany pattern. The items feature long handles which terminate in fluted, pointed tips with ball finials. The heads of the servers are pierced with panelled forms.
Slice- Length 29.5cm
Fork- Length 23cm