A late 19th century Victorian mahogany triangular shaped dispenser or hopper.
We believe this would have been used in a shop for coffee beans, grain, pulses or a similar dried produce.
The dispenser is made from solid mahogany which is finely held together with small brass screws and brass plates and has a sliding brass door at the “spout” to allow the contents to flow out.
The dispenser has a brass screw and mahogany bracket to the back so that it could be fastened to a wall or fitting.
The dispenser is in good condition though the shaped back has a top edge missing. (Circa 1880)
Height 43cm (16.9 inches)
Width 30cm (11.8 inches)
Depth 21cm (8.3 inches)