Circa 1835, William IV mahogany and deep buttoned, green leather captain’s chair. With its horseshoe shaped top rail which has been covered in leather and deep buttoned on the inside, held in place by two large carved foliate shaped uprights. It has a generous deep buttoned leather seat, and the back legs are turned and outswept finishing with brass castors. There is a shaped apron with a beaded edge beneath the seat, following the form of the chair and at either end of it are two substantial cabriole legs finishing on a curled foot and brass castors.
Size 77 cm high x 86 cm wide x 63 cm deep